Skip to main content

The Ticket to Soar

The Ticket to Soar

Photo Credit: https://aviaryrecoverycenter.com/let-it-go/
Blue sky above, grey clouds below,
Yet I feel trapped in a place where I do not want to go.
Dry sky above, jagged rocks below,
I am falling to a place where I do not want to go.
How do I break free? How do I grow?
How do I transcend this now and glow?
Their reflexes have forced us to our knees.
Warmth and peace has faded to a place that isn’t is.
They lie all day, no sign of going back,
Right has rotted to the point of being one - same with left.
How do we break free? How do we grow?
How do we transcend this now and glow o?
Basic things are ignored. They’re losing easy grounds.
So, we’re free-falling, sinking to a place of no sensation.
Choices must be made; the right action must be taken.
So, we know right now, présent we would have done our all and all.
How do you break free? How do you grow?
How do you transcend this now and glow o o?
Let your conscience remain your law,
Hustle, mandate, poll;  your core,
Your ticket to soar and anchor,
To live free without letting go.

#NigeriaWakeUp

By Sylvanus Nabena
Twitter: @slynabena

Comments